Source: original 1992 Agrippa 3.5″ diskette, 1.4 Mb, loaned by collector Allan Chasanoff.
Process: » Disk image (bit-level copy) made using the “dd” copy process. (See Item #D50 on this site: downloadable disk-image file.) » Run of the disk-image copy on a computer using Mini vMac emulator with System 7 book disk (to emulate the functions of the original 1992 Mac platform for which the software on the diskette was created). » Video capture of the resulting run of the poem.
More info: Matthew G. Kirschenbaum, with Doug Reside and Alan Liu, “No Round Trip: Two New Primary Sources for Agrippa.”
- Allan Chassanof (for loan of original diskette)
- Kevin Begos, Jr.
- Matthew G. Kirschenbaum and Doug Reside, Maryland Institute for Technology in the Humanities
- Alan Liu
- Robert Maxwell, Digital Forensics Lab and Office of Information Technology, University of Maryland, College Park
- Bini Tecle and Allan Rough, University of Maryland, College Park.
- Permissions to copy, run, and reproduce the diskette online received from: Kevin Begos, Jr., Allan Chasanoff, and William Gibson.